You have probably answered this before but I am new and confused!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • InZane
    • Apr 2002

You have probably answered this before but I am new and confused!!!

I first used SmartRipper and successfully copied a DVD. Then I tried to do a second and it chopped off the last 5 minutes although it said it was successful. However, ripping took f-o-r-e-v-e-r and I have a new Dell with 16x DVD and all the bells and whistles. Plus, I used ASPI check and it said all ASPI files were correctly installed and running, but SmartRipper would not recognize. The final straw was so many times it told me files were locked (only later did I find out you could restart by running 10 secords or so of the movie). Anyhow, to try and speed up the process I am using CladDVD for XP. I have yet to successfully rip a movie. While technically easier to run, it keeps reading only a few of the VOB and then shutting off. I have tried playing the DVD beforehand thinking it had something to do with authentication with no luck. Questions: If CladDVD stops on VOB2, can I add to it or do I have to start from beginning again. Speed is still not between 20 minutes and 120 minutes as others report - I am looking more at 3+ hours to rip. Why can't I get the speed up? Finally, is there something I am doing wrong that causes it to stop ripping and shut down?
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Try using DVDDecrypter instead. It generates a log, which you can copy and save, and then forward to the program's author, LIGHTNING UK! (who is also the moderator of the DVD sub-forum here) for an explanation of what's going on. Or you could post the log at the DVD sub-forum and I'm sure LIGHTNING UK! will respond in a timely manner...

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Apr 2002

You could also check and make sure that you have DMA enabled in your dvd rom settings. Ripping the vobs seperately is no problem as long at they have sequential file numbers, DVD2AVI and other progs will chain them together to read them.

Mac

Comment

• Newbieatthis
        • Apr 2002

What are ASPI files? could someone plez tell me?

Comment

Working...