Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amd
    • Apr 2002

vcd to vhs cassette tapes

Hi I am a newbie to this fourum, I was wondering how to convert VCD's to a VHS tape?

Can you do this using .avi's, mpeg's etc or must they always be vcd's when recorded to a vhs tape?

I have all in wonder 128 pro, I can get the software needed, if any of you can help it would be appreciated, and any step by step instructions would be wonderful esp if you know how to hook up the PC to the VCR.

Do you know also how to get episodes on tape (VHS) to the harddrive so that I can make it into VCD's once I've learnt how?
    Any advice appreciated as is your time responding to this post
    Thanks!
    amd
  • Kamagurka
    • Apr 2002

well...first thing, for transferring pc->vcr you need a TV-out on your PC. if you got that, you just hook your VCR to it as you would with an antenna plug and record away. basically you cna record anything that shows up on screen(heck, you should even be able to record a Quake match or something).
    for getting VHS->PC you need a capture card and LOTS of HD space. if some information wasn't entirely true, dont me, i'm. CU

Comment

• amd
      • Apr 2002

capture card

Hi I'm in the middle of getting my computer upgraded.

I currently have 40GB and 128 Ram what would you suggest I upgrade my computer to and what capture card would you suggest I purchase to get the stuff done?
      Amanda
      Thanks for your time in responding

Comment

• Batman
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Jan 2002

ATI Radeon 7500 graphics card and possibly a 100 GB+ hardrive, plus at least an additional 128 (you should have 256 to 512 mb or ram).

Comment

• amd
          • Apr 2002

ATI

Hi I'm new to this subject I was just curious I have ALL IN WONDER 128 PRO is Radeon 7500 Graphics Card simillar to all in wonder? Do I need both cards?

I will get it if necesssary, just need to know this before spending money especially if I have something I can already use.

Please get back to me, and thank you in advance to who ever responds.

Amanda

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

I believe that should suffice. Increase harddrive space and your ram, your graphics card is quite capable. You may also wish to invest in a cd rw or dvd+/- rwdrive to back up your media.
            Last edited by Batman; 27 Apr 2002, 11:02 AM.

Comment

• amd
              • Apr 2002

ATI

Thank you

I will upgrade my computer accordingly

Thanks again for your help
              Amanda

Comment

Working...