Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Splot
    • Jun 2006

Getting started making home dvds - doh!

OK I got a DVD handycam, Ulead studio 8 and a DVD player.

I want to edit and burn some home movies and watch them on the tele.

Problem starts when I try to import from the handycam disk. I can import the video file but not the audio file so when I edit and burn the final dvd it has no sound. I can add music but the original voice audio file isn't there.

I can also split the audio file from the video file and it appears in the sound channel, but theres nothing there when I play it.

What I have noticed is that if I convert the dvd file to mpeg using one of the freeware trial converter programs, the sound file is present in the final disk. So 2 Q's

Where can I get a good DVD - MPEG converter and is there something I'm missing in studio 8?

Am I doing this the long way round?

Cheers
  • vw56german
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Jun 2005

Hello and welcome to the forums. Visit the "Authoring and Editing" Forum. There you will find all sorts of help on this. I have done a few of these for a friend and all I had to do was rip the mini Dvd's to my hard drive and then I used Nero vision express to Combine them, make titles and chapters and burn to a Dvd5. What format are your discs in? The ones I did for my friend were in standard .vob, .bup, .ifo. I had no troubles with sound. Although I did not have to use it, I used DvdDecrypter to rip the files to the hard drive. (I like it because it is good and fast.) I have not used Ulead, so I cant say what it can do, but in the authoring forum you can find the solutions you need. If you get stuck post a question there and we will come to your aid.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Here are 2 threads that may also help you. (thanks, Jmet)
    Last edited by vw56german; 30 Jun 2006, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
      Queen of Digital Video
      Queen of Digital Video
      • Jan 2004

This is the guide I have used to convert my .AVI to DVD from my camcorder.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Splot
        • Jun 2006

Cheers folks

Thanks guys, I'll check out the threads you suggest.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
          Queen of Digital Video
          Queen of Digital Video
          • Jan 2004

Please post back and let us know how it went for you.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

Working...