Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gersh
    • Jul 2006

MotionDV Studio

I have been using Nero for some time and recently bought a Panasonic miniDV camcorder, which came with MotionDV Studio software. I was able to download home movies to my pc, but can't get them to burn to a dvd.

The Panasonic support people said the MotionDV isn't for burning, and suggested Nero. Nero is able to open and play the home movies, but when I select the files for burning (import a title) it says "encountered an error... failed to open file... cannot find the file specified..."

Any ideas? Thanks!
    Gersh
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

I think "MotionDV Studio" which comes with your camcorder is just a simple video capture program to capture video to HDD. Well, you need to encode the file to MPEG-2 and author DVD it. There are many different programs to dothese tasks. You can try TMPGEnc Plus and TMPGEnc DVD Author which come with free trials

Regards

Comment

• Gersh
      • Jul 2006

Originally Posted by benbryant
      I think "MotionDV Studio" which comes with your camcorder is just a simple video capture program to capture video to HDD. Well, you need to encode the file to MPEG-2 and author DVD it. There are many different programs to dothese tasks. You can try TMPGEnc Plus and TMPGEnc DVD Author which come with free trials

Regards
      But what about Nero--isn't it supposed to be able to do that?
      Gersh

Comment

• atifsh
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • May 2003

Originally Posted by Gersh
        But what about Nero--isn't it supposed to be able to do that?
        Gersh
        yes nero vision can do that check if u have installed it if u got full version.

though i prefer tmpgenc.
        Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

Working...