Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ThaiJan
    • Jul 2006

.VOB to MPEG2 no audio

This is driving me crazy, since I spend one week on trying to figure out this problem. Need to encode a .VOB to MPEG2 so that I can edit it (color). Loading the .VOB in TMPGenc DVD Source Creator it says "There is no audio". TMPGenc Plus is same story. And if I encode it anyway I of course get a .mpg file with no sound. If I first extract the audio from the .VOB with Belight, and later try to load that as the audio track in TMPGenc PLUS it refuses to recognize it (no matter what format the audio file is). What am I missing? Or can anybody tell me a better/easier way to do this. Sincerly hoping for a helping hand.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

welcome to the forum

post the file info please.
    Last edited by LT. Columbo; 22 Jul 2006, 11:48 PM.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• benbryant
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Aug 2005

It sounds like you have AC3 sound problem. Since TMPGEnc AC-3 Sound Plugin is not available for TMPGEnc Plus or DVD Source Creator. You can use DGIndex to decode the AC3 track to WAV or demux the file (separate audio and video) using TMPGEnc Plus's MPEG Tools and then use HeadAC3he or BeLight to encode the demuxed AC3 file to WAV. After that, you can use TMPGEnc Plus's MPEG Tools to mux video and WAV file together or use any author program straightly or use the Muxman

Regards
      Last edited by benbryant; 23 Jul 2006, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• nightcat
        • Jul 2006

ThaiJan,

Hi. You may try to use the MPEG Video Wizard DVD. I have used this for a long time. It's useful and amazing. And it 's support the AC-3 encoder.

Regards.

Comment

Working...