X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glk2000
    • Aug 2006

DVD file only 2/3 tv screen

hi
    i have a problem with my dvd after converting, when i watch it on tv, its just a normal 68cm tv not widescreen or anything, the video is smaller than the screen n there is two black stripe on each side of the screen left and right.
    this is how it went about converting process.
    i have rmvb files, so i used winavi to convert it to mpeg2 as it wont take as long as dvd, it used to work fine, but now, if i convert to vcd i'll get green and black lines on the file, and if i convert to mpeg2 its ok to watch on computer. but the thing is when i load it into nero vision express, the size of the video is shrinked, even with the preview i can see there is two black stripe on both side already. but then i tried loaded previous converted files by winavi to nero which i converted before i have this problem, and the files are fine and it fills the screen. same settings but then two outcomes one is full screen and the other has two black stripes. i have tried uninstall n install my codecs again and change the settings on winavi with no luck. so what's my problem?

Here's the file info i'm trying to convert its RM or RMVB files. the setting for winavi is all default for mpeg2, at auto and its keep to original size

===== File Info =====
    FileSize : 97M
    PlayTime : 00:21:42.174
    VideoCount : 1
    AudioCount : 1
    ===== Video Info =====
    Video 0# Stream
    VideoCodec : RV40
    VideoWidth : 532 piexs
    VideoHeight : 384 piexs
    VideoFrameRate : 29fps
    VideoFrameCount : 37763046