Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • origin
    • May 2002

change from mpeg to vcd

Hi I am new to this and I am running windows xp and I have some movies that are mpeg formats. My dvd player that I have for my home stereo will play vcd discs. My question is, how do I convert from mpeg to vcd formats and what software do I need. I downloaded some tmpgenc downloads and other software but not sure which to use and how to use them. any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

If they are in MPEG1 format, it would probably be simplest for you to use NERO to both convert to and burn as a VCD...

Comment

• origin
      • May 2002

how do I use nero to convert and to burn

I have nero. How do I use it to convert to vcd.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

Click on "H-E-L-P" and read...

Comment

• origin
          • May 2002

re:burn

Ok I burned the cd and I re opened the cd that I burned and I didnt see the movie. All I saw was like 5 folders containing files that windows cant open. Did Nero automatically convert it to a VCD format and if it did when I pop the disc into my computer shoud the movie start playing (it doesnt) or will it only work in a dvd player. Thanks for your help

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

Try playing it on your standalone player (for viewing on your TV) - the reason you're creating VCDs...

As far as playing a VCD on your computer, run Windows Media Player and, from within Explorer, "drag and drop" the file named "AVSEQ001.DAT" onto the open Windows Media Player. The video should start to play...

Comment

• origin
              • May 2002

reost

Thanks for your help. Its working good. I think the picture is even better than the original (if thats possible...looks clearer)
              Againg thank you

Comment

• Batman
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Jan 2002

I'm unsure...but the quality may be better because tv's have a lower resolution when compared to most monitors.

Comment

Working...