Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShaunVader
    • Aug 2006

Sorry To Trouble You...

But I have a bit of a dilema. I'd like to be able to create my own movies in Quicktime using Adobe Photoshop (The latest one), but...I found out that I need Premiere in order to break them down into frame-by-frame. Well, I'm trying to make lightsaber videos. I've figured out HOW, I simply don't have to proper tools. I was going to buy Adobe Photoshop 5.0 or whichever is the latest version...It's $200. But, does it come with Premiere, or do I need to buy that separately? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

you have expensive tastes

Comment

• ShaunVader
      • Aug 2006

Well, I didn't mean THAT exact version.......Oh crud, I meant to say does PREMIERE come with Photoshop, or am I going to just buy them both?...

Comment

• anonymez
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2004

welcome to the forum

guess you're referring to nicky's guide? while you could use premiere for the task, you could simply load the video in virtualdub-mpeg2, go file-->save image sequence and save; the frames will be exported as image files, you can then edit in photoshop from there. to answer your question,

does it come with Premiere, or do I need to buy that separately?
        AFAIK they must be purchased separately
        "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• ShaunVader
          • Aug 2006

Well, I saw a double-pack containing older versions of the 2 programs for $189.99, but didn't know if they'd work on a PC and not just a Mac.

Basically, what I'm trying to find is if older versions of Adobe will work on PC's and not just Macs. Sorry if all of this is confusing.

Comment

• Kabuchan
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Apr 2006

I have been using Adobe PhotoDeluxe Home Edition 4.0 since 1998. Got it bundled with a camera, and I've been using it ever since. I don't think it can create video files. It can export into jpg, jpe, pct, pic, png, fpx, bmp, and eps. From there you should be able to open it with something like Windows Movie Maker. Have you used the trial version?

That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• ShaunVader
              • Aug 2006

Well, it's all worked out for the best. I've made a lot of pics with "real" sabers in them, but 'til I buy a DVD Drive, no vids...Erm...Here's one:

Does anyone know how to round off the tips of the blades? (I'm using Photoshop Elements 4.0)

Comment

• anonymez
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2004

Does anyone know how to round off the tips of the blades?
                use a soft brush, erase or mask the saber
                "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

Working...