Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mavrick
    • Oct 2006

burning rom is to slow

should it take 30+ minutes to burn a movie at 16x with nero burning rom. or do i have something set wrong. when i had it on my old computer it would burn a dvd in less then half of the time. does anyone have any ideas. thanks
  • soup
    Just Trying To Help
    • Nov 2005

Check your DMA: http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=61905 & read to use The Golden Rules.

Comment

• locoeng
      Who Farted?
      • Dec 2005

Are you counting the encoding process in your 30 minute time frame? It can take as long as 30 minutes to encode and burn if using high levels of compression and the Advanced Analysis and Slow Burning features of Recode. I would still look into the DMA link provided by soup...just something else to look into.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
      Walt Kelly

Comment

• mavrick
        • Oct 2006

the primary idle is set on dma if avaliable in transfer mode. current transfer mode ultra dma mode 5. this is on device one. on device 2 its dma if avaliable. and current transfer mode says not applicable.

Comment

• codajohn
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Jul 2005

If you have your burn log, please post.
          CJ
          My DVD Collection
          Register To Join Digital Video Forums

Dell Inspiron 9100 Laptop, Windows XP Home SP 2 (build 2600), 2.80GH Pent 4, ST94811A 40GB HD, 2GB RAM, NEC DVD+RW ND-6100A 104D, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700, External 250GB Maxtor HD, External LG-5163D A105

IBM ThinkCenter 8189, XP Pro, 3.2GH Pentium 4, 120 GB HD, 1GB Ram, BENQ DW1650 BCIC, Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

The Golden Rules of Burning

Comment

• mavrick
            • Oct 2006

where is the burn log located

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

Try this: http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=57213.

Comment

• mavrick
                • Oct 2006

ive got it down to 7.45 by changing dma settings. on the primary idle its set to dma ultra 5. on the secondary idle its just on ultra dma mode 2. but its still better then 30 minutes. this is on a multi episode season disc.

Comment

• InspAbberline
                  Still Chasing Jack the Ripper
                  • Oct 2006

I would not burn faster than 12X even with the best equiptment, wonder what happened to make your drive lose dma mode?

Comment

• mavrick
                    • Oct 2006

i havent got a clue. but i didnt even know of anything about a dma before today. i have only had my new computer for about a month now. mabey i had a better set up with my old one. i new to this and dont have a clue for the most part. thanks for all the help though everyone.

Comment

• locoeng
                      Who Farted?
                      • Dec 2005

Drives can revert back to PIO mode after a series of errors...typically 6 I think. So if you have tried to rip a scratched disc that recieved a series of erros this could have put your drive back to the slow transfer mode.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                      Walt Kelly

Comment

• mavrick
                        • Oct 2006

i did back up a disc or 2 that was pretty scratched up i guess this is what happened.

Comment

Working...