Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bugsbunny
    • Oct 2006

dvd drive door won't open

ok, i'm going bananas. the door to my dvd drive won't open up. 9the lights go on for it to eject and i can hear it, but nada. went to my computer and tried to have it ejected that way also, still nothing.
  • jm1647
    An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
    • Apr 2005

There should be a lil hole in the front of the drive under the tray, stick a paperclip in there to get it open. Maybe after that it will work ok?

Comment

• MikeyBK
      Digital Video Maniac
      • Feb 2006

Might need to reboot as well./
      MBK

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
      Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
      ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
      Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
      XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
      Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
      Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD±R
      *Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD±R
      *BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD±R

Comment

• RFBurns
        To Infinity And Byond
        • May 2006

Ahh the stuck door syndrome.

This is often caused by a worn drawer belt and/or drive motor. Since the drawer on any drive is one part that moves alot, its not uncommon for these parts to give out.

Another cause can be the magnet which clamps to the disc platter when the drawer closes with no disc in the drive. The metal part of the platter itself can become magnitized and thus there is not enough torque from the drawer motor to release the magnetic clamp from the platter, causing the drawer to become stuck.

Try this tip. Take the clear protective disc from the bulk spindle blanks packaging and insert that into the drive when not using the drive. The clear protective disc will give the platter and the clamp some space so that the magnet is not physically seating on the platter.

I have a cyberdrive unit that loves to get stuck. Using the clear disc from the bulk spindle blank package, the drawer opens with no problem, every time.

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

Working...