Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kbrzoz
    • May 2002

Problems with capturing video Sony DCR-TRV520E

I have Sony - DCR - TRV520E. I was going to capture digital video picture on my computer. The computer of mine has following parameters:

Mainboard: K7S5A, V 1.0.
    Processor: Athlon 1Ghz,
    Memory modules: DDR - 256 M
    Hard disk : 20GB, Ultra DMA
    Graphic card: nVIDIA GeForce 2 MX, Bus Type - AGP, Bios Version: 3.11.00.18, 64MB,
    Monitor: Samtron 76DF, 85hz,
    Fire Wire card: IEEE 1394 firmy Zoltrix.
    Operational System: Windows ME
    Additional software: Codek Divx. 8.0

When I installed Video Studio version 4.0 (it was supplied to Fire Wire card), it turned out that the video picture is not moving smoothly but it jumps frame by frame. It is really unbearable. When watching digital video on monitor I encountered that the quality of picture is really high. Natural consequence of this remark was to worsen the quality of picture but to improve smoothness of the picture. Unfortunately there was no such an option in Video Studio.
    One can also think that Fire Wire card is not able to transform the picture effectively. But I manage to capture TV signal through the camcorder and results were much better. Picture didn’t jumped frame but frame, although the quality of the picture was a little worse (maybe as a result of bad TV antenna).
    Moreover computer of above mentioned parameters is able to play DVD records and films from CDs almost like on TV set.
    If somebody knows a solution to my problem I would really appreciate any help.
Working...