Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lqdtrance
    • Jun 2007

Problem Burning with Nero

I have used Nero 7 to burn an iso. I Mounted the iso to PowerIso and copied the dvd. Problem is its the wrong region. I then used DvdShrink to access the region but after I burned it I ended up with a black and white picture and It was offset. I have made numerous coasters.....I am now making a new end table with them!!! I have the avi, Divx/Xvid burning down just fine. I need help!!!!!
  • Lqdtrance
    • Jun 2007

I am using Nero 7 ultra, Winavi, Xilisoft dvd creator, DvdFlick, DvdShrink, Power Video converter, PgcEdit, IfoEdit, ImgBurn........you get the point. I have tried all. Any Usefull help would be great. I just want to watch movies on my couch instead of my desk!!!!!

Comment

• blutach
      Not a god of digital video
      • Oct 2004

Gee, All your posts are requiring some sort of moderation.

I urge you to read the rules - this time rule 14 about post bumping.

Regards
      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• locoeng
        Who Farted?
        • Dec 2005

Looks like you've got alot of tools to choose from, lets pick one and go with it...

What is your original file format that we will be working with?
        Burn ISO's with Imgburn.
        Use DVDFlick or ConvertXtoDVD before you use Nero.

I would also assume that the original file plays the way it's supposed to...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
        Walt Kelly

Comment

• Lqdtrance
          • Jun 2007

Originally Posted by blutach
          Gee, All your posts are requiring some sort of moderation.

I urge you to read the rules - this time rule 14 about post bumping.

Regards
          I didnt know that stating the tools in which I have used and/or have to help with the info was a "useless reply to keep the forum on top". I'm glad you are soo thorough!!

Comment

• locoeng
            Who Farted?
            • Dec 2005

I see a long hard road ahead...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
            Walt Kelly

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

we have a polite rule also

now back to the subject of this thread

you can't take a pal or a ntsc iso file and easily change it to the other format

a pal or ntsc avi can be easily converted to dvd in either format

Comment

• Lqdtrance
                • Jun 2007

reply to posts.

Originally Posted by locoeng
                Looks like you've got alot of tools to choose from, lets pick one and go with it...

What is your original file format that we will be working with?
                Burn ISO's with Imgburn.
                Use DVDFlick or ConvertXtoDVD before you use Nero.

I would also assume that the original file plays the way it's supposed to...
                Yes, It plays just fine. The original file has .vob, .ifo, .bup. I know that the .vob is the video, .ifo is the information (menu's?) and .bup is back up. So I would use DVDFlick before using nero? Just save it to my HD? I can give that a try.
                Gee Blutach, I'm sure glad I listed the tools in which I have!!!
                Thank you Locoeng, If you think of more or something that I might miss then I'll be right here. I appreciate your help!!

Comment

• locoeng
                  Who Farted?
                  • Dec 2005

Now that we've established what type of file we are dealing with, what are you wanting to do with it? Burn to a disc, convert to another format etc.? How big is the VIDEO_TS folder?

Walt Kelly

Comment

• Chewy
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2003

Now that we've established what type of file we are dealing with, what are you wanting to do with it? Burn to a disc, convert to another format etc.? How big is the VIDEO_TS folder?
                    he's trying to take a pal iso burn it and play on a ntsc settop/tv?

won't work

Comment

• locoeng
                      Who Farted?
                      • Dec 2005

ewww....Does SUPER do PAL to NTSC?

Walt Kelly

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

vision is probably better

Comment

• locoeng
                          Who Farted?
                          • Dec 2005

Talk about the TMPGEnc line of software, including TMPGEnc Express, MPEG Editor and TMPGEnc DVD Author

You mean easier?

Walt Kelly

Comment

• Lqdtrance
                            • Jun 2007

file size

The folder is 4.3gig. The exact problem I am having is this. I used Nero to burn it originally to DVD. It wouldn't play due to the wrong region. I then attempted to use DVDShrink to correct the region but the final was in black and white and off center. I just want a playable DVD for my P.O.S. stand alone Phillips dvd621 player.

Comment

• Chewy
                              Super Moderator
                              • Nov 2003

Isn't easier better by definition?

Comment

Working...