Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Grahams
    • Jun 2007

Nero Vision Problem

I thought I was pretty good with computers, but I have a problem with DVD vob's that's driving me crazy. I've serached the Internet but can't find any resolution. I don't fully understand dvd's and how they work - files etc.

I want to take sections from other recordings and compile into a new dvd. I am using Shrink to extract the various vob files, saved to my hard-drive in seperate folders. Then I want to put these into Nero Vison (4.5.0.15 - part of the Nero Ultra 7 pacakage), so I can have a fancy menu to select from.

I have used this method before and sometimes it works and other not. The problem is that although the vob's import into Vision, after analyzing it writes hundreds of segments, gets to 99 and stops saying too many segments. If it does take them all (less than 99), I get dozens of seperate icons, when I only want one.

On my hard-drive I find all the mpg files, some only a few seconds long.
    How can I get my vob's into Vison as one file?
    Thanks for any help.
  • paglamon
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Do you wish to merge the vobs into a single vob ? Then try this out.
    sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

vision should import the vob's as seperate titles, naming them might be a problem, vision also asks you a question at the beginning about merging vob's,
      I answer no

if all your vob's are less than a single dvd size then it should be a straight rip and reauthor

you must be getting off track when you pick an option for output

Comment

• Grahams
        • Jun 2007

Nero Vision problem

Thanks for your help, maybe the vob merge will be useful another time. Regrettably I still have the same problem.

"Analyzing file" ok to about 40%, then states "writing segment .. of 202".
        This stage completes ok, but the next stage "adding files to project" stops at 99 with the same old error - too many files.

Not sure if it's a problem with Shrink or Nero.
        Any more ideas!

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

where's this 99 even come into it, you should be adding your vob's individually

Comment

• Grahams
            • Jun 2007

Hi Chewy,
            I didn't understand your first reply, but regards to the second:
            I do add the vobs individually, but Vision seems to convert it (them) into multiple segments. Segments are the problem - it want's to treat each segment as a file (title) whatever.
            I'll try to explain with a simple example:
            Import one vob file into Vision.
            I would expect one icon containing the vob file data. But the result is (eg) 10 segments and 10 different icons on my menu page. Each icon is a separate file (mpg), even though I imported one vob!
            Maybe I'm not very good at explaining?

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

here's my path with vision 3

what would you like to do
              make dvd/dvd video

add video files

here's where I add one vob at a time

after renaming into whatever I would hit next/next etc and then write to hard disk folder

each vob should be unaltered unless you start with some funky ones or exceed the sl size limit

Comment

• admin
                Administrator
                • Nov 2001

What happens when you select "Yes" when Nero Vision ask you to merge multiple segments? Or does it not ask you that?
                Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Grahams
                  • Jun 2007

Nero Vision problem

Hi guys,
                  OK. Let me tell you step by step what I do:
                  Load Nero Vision
                  "What would you like to do?" - Make a DVD, DVD Video, Add video files.
                  Go to HD folder and select files VTS_01_1.VOB (there is also a VTS_01_2.VOB there as well)
                  Message box displays:
                  Importing C:\..... \VTS_01_1.VOB. Please wait, Analyzing.
                  This proceeds until about 40%, then the message changes to "Writing segment 1 of 179" (until 179 of 179)
                  Next message box:
                  Adding video files to the project 1 of 179
                  When it gets to 99 of 179, the message changes to "Your project already contains the maximum number of 99 titles. Unable to insert any more titles.
                  Click OK
                  Now I have 99 separate titles all with a playing time of under one minute (the smallest is 2 seconds)
                  This is where I expect one file.
                  If I chose Next, I have 99 icons on my menu preview:
                  VTS_01.0001 to VTS_01.0099
                  Next to the (remote control) preview page - select play.
                  The video appears to play ok although there is an audio sync problem too.
                  The temporary folder on my HD contains 170 mpg files - VTS_01.0001.mpg to VTS_01.0179.mpg (is this expected?)
                  Have I got (somehow) too many titles in my vob files?

Comment

• admin
                    Administrator
                    • Nov 2001

Ok, try this. Start Nero Vision, click on the "More" button on the bottom and then click on the "Configure" option. Go to "messages" and find the "If VOB files are inserted, import the VOB segments as a single video" option and if this option has a red cross next to it, click on it and set it to "Prompt" (becomes a question mark) - click "OK" to close the window, and then try to load in the VOB file again. When asked to merge segments, select "Yes".

A DVD can only have 99 titles, and if your VOB files has more than 99 segments and you choose to not merge them, then the loading will fail at 99. You won't get the "merge" prompt if you selected the "Do not display this message again" checkbox when the prompt was first shown, and so this makes Nero Vision always separate segments, even when you don't need to. That's my guess anyway based on your timeline of events (ie. lack of prompt for merging segments straight after opening the VOB file, before Nero starts analyzing it).
                    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• Grahams
                      • Jun 2007

Nero Vision problem

I remain forever hopeful !!....Unfortunately that didn't work either. I had not been into the "messages" tab, thinking it was only messages. My configuration had a green tick against that option, but I changed to prompt, and I still get the same problem. Could it be that I need to process the vobs with another program to resolve this?

I have a copy of DVDecrypter, is there anything in there that may show what the problem is within the vobs? Unfortunately, the info it provides is a bit beyond me.

I must be the only guy on the planet with this strange effect!

Comment

• plavala
                        • Jul 2007

Hi, I am very new to Nero but have used the CD portion to burn music and that has been successful. Now I am making a pic-video using Super Video CD.

After a burn test I watched the CD on pc and dvd player. The pics looked great, sound was great but the video itself shook as if it was vibrating to the bass of the music. I tried burning it on a dvd and it was the same outcome. Each pic had a "shake beat" to them. How can I fix this problem..

Comment

Working...