X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • copdawg812
    • Jun 2007

DVD's Played on Screen from Storage

Hey all,

I wasn't able to find this searching the site, so I apologize if this question has already been asked.

I currently own about 500 DVD's. I have two Pioneer FV-727 300 disc changers which are great because they link together and I can enter the disc number or title and the changers will locate and play the movie. However, you can only link two of them together for a total of 600 movies. At the current rate of acquiring movies, I have about a year left before I fill them both up.

I wanted to know if anyone has had any luck with hooking a Media PC up to their High Def TV and using large external drives (1TB possibly) to rip the movies to and then play back directly to your television. Seems like a digital copy of the movie would be easier to locate and play.

Hopefully someone has attempted this and has a good solution, or can save me the costs of purchasing an expensive hard drive to try it out.

Thanks in advance,
    Dave
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

you can hook up a pc to HDTV, I have three 500GB and two 320 some external and some internal, it is alot easier to catorize the movie, you can save dvd in iso or xvid and use VLC or MPClassic to play them
    sigpic

Comment

Working...