Bad quality playing DVD's and AVI's only.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malfreds
    • Jul 2007

Bad quality playing DVD's and AVI's only.

Hi. New in the scene.

I'm having a problem reproducing some video formats and dvd's.

All started when I installed Windows Media 11. Suddenly my DVD's stopped playing. It told me about "change your resolution" (basically). This was strange because with WM10 I never had problems.
    Then I formatted my PC (not for this problem, but it was time) and now DVD's can play, but with a strange quality. It shows like with more brightness, and red and pink.
    I post a picture from my monitor (sorry for quality, I don't know how to capture a screen from a movie)

Look the Eddie's hair and the guy in table behind the red one. There's lot of "color noise" too.

This same happens with .avi's, but I have no problems with youtube, mpg, 3gp or flv. (for say something)

I tried with DivX codec (6.6.1) and with xvid 1.1.2 with no results.
    Also, I have the latest drivers from my video card (GeForce FX 5500)

I have two suspicious actions I've taken:
    I have Vista Inspirat 2 plugin for WinXP (shows Vista desktop and other Vista stuff in XP)
    When I installed the video card drivers after format, I didn't uninstalled the previous ones. But know Control Panel settings shows only the new ones.

Really I will thank any help concerning this stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Malfreds
  • Westly32
    • Jun 2006

Windows Media Player 11 is a pain. Dump it, and go back to 10. That's what I did after the misfortune of letting the player (10) update itself.
    Additionally, Windows Media Player Classic gets rave reviews by most who use it. Enter it into the search box here, to locate a link for a download.

Comment

Working...