Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jensen
    Better to be pissed off than pissed on!
    • Aug 2007

I just reformatted my master hdd, and re-installed windows. So Im still putting together whats missing. I do however have divx codecs installed. It sux starting all over again cuz Im left sitting here wondering where was I. LOL. Ive been dealing with some hardware issues lately (which caused the crash). Ill start working with new sources soon. I don't want to crash the computer till Im ready haha.

OK I have my avi sources back up. Is anything special I have to do if there is some over lapping??

Update: I did manage to get the sources joined with dvdflick and I am impressed. It handled the overlap flawlessly, and the audio isn't missing a beat. With avidemux I had so much trouble getting it right without re-encoding it, and the audio would not sync, not help from their forum either. If I could get that program to work I know it can do great things.
    Total time for dvdflick: 3:hr45min
    If it aint broken, dont fix it!! lol
    Last edited by Jensen; 16 Sep 2007, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• Jensen
      • Aug 2007

Paglamon- When using avidemux, I manage to encode an avi as mpg, following Lord Mudlers walkthrough. But when I went thru dvdstyler in ended up as a pal. I dont know where it went wrong I loaded my saved project and under properties it even said ntfs. I cant find a walkthrough for dvdstyler. Is there a way to skip styler while still using imgburn, I tried to use build mode in imgburn to skip styler, and ended burning a data disc. But I think thats due to avidemux converting the file into mpg. Let me know what you think please.

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

it even said ntfs
        You mean NTSC ?
        I have never used DVD Styler. Yes, your mpg files need to be authored into a DVD before you can burn a DVD-Video. Do you have Nero? Then you can use Nero Vision to make the DVD.Why not use DVD Flick for the job? I personally use TMPGEnc DVD Author for authoring.
        Another thing, I have never used AVIDemux to encode into mpg. I would rather use it to produce the avi and feed that avi into DVD Flick.What were the specs of the mpg you produced with AVIDemux(use Mediainfo) ?
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

Jensen, try loading the .mpg file you got from AviDemux into DVDAuthorGui. When
          you select Add Title in the menu there's a file open dialog that wants you to select elementary stream. But on the lower right there's a drop down that has ".mpg with nav packets" or something like that. If the .mpg file already has nav packs then you can just load it in DVDAuthorGui and create a dvd VIDEO_TS set. I usually use AviDemux
          to output .avi so I don't know if .mpg output has nav packs.

Comment

• Jensen
            • Aug 2007

Ill try this all later, thanks again.

My 1st baby was born on sat. My son was 8lb 1.7oz. So after everything settles Ill be back to it.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

congrats

Originally Posted by Jensen
              Ill try this all later, thanks again.

My 1st baby was born on sat. My son was 8lb 1.7oz. So after everything settles Ill be back to it.

Comment

• Jensen
                • Aug 2007

Comment

• paglamon
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Aug 2005

Great news,Jensen. I am sure you will be a great father(much better than you are with AVIs ).
                  sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• Jensen
                    • Aug 2007

Yeah kids seem alot easier !! Thanx

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

kingdom,
                      you seem to be having trouble navigating(finding your way around here)
                      I sure did when I started

learn to use the user cp button at the top left

the forum home page/index

when you get to where you need to be to start a topic and ask for help then
                      use the new post button

the digital digest home page

The latest news, guides and downloads for digital video (DVD, Blu-ray, DivX, Xvid ...), HD, 3D and gaming
                      Last edited by Chewy; 26 Sep 2007, 06:13 AM.

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

that user cp page is what I bookmark for the first page to open here

Comment

Working...