X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jensen
    Better to be pissed off than pissed on!
    • Aug 2007

Converting dvd(video_ts format) to avi or vcd

My mother-in-law recorded my wife giving birth and Im trying to find the best way to put to cd as opposed to dvd. Reason being we dont have enough video to really take up alot of a dvd. She recoreded with a dvd-camcorder and I was able to extract the video files. The play nicely. The video ts folder is only 845 mb. If I have to put to dvd ok but if can avoid, would be nice. maybe I should burn as is.
  • olyteddy
    • Nov 2006

A blank DVD is less than $.50 and compatible with a lot more players than VCD or AVI. I'd use a DVD.

Comment

• Jensen
      Better to be pissed off than pissed on!
      • Aug 2007

Ok is there a way to create a slide show of pictures + a couple of avi's on a dvd. My mother in law has no requested I make it so she can see the pics thru the dvd player. lol

I figured out the deal with camcorder. When using dvd-rw\dl this particular dvdcamcorder has to finalize the disk to be read on a regular dvd player. A dvd+rw doesnt require it. Interesting
      Last edited by Jensen; 25 Sep 2007, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

conglomerate

Originally Posted by Jensen
        Ok is there a way to create a slide show of pictures + a couple of avi's on a dvd. My mother in law has no requested I make it so she can see the pics thru the dvd player. lol

I figured out the deal with camcorder. When using dvd-rw\dl this particular dvdcamcorder has to finalize the disk to be read on a regular dvd player. A dvd+rw doesnt require it. Interesting
        Hmmm, if you're using dvd+rw you could copy onto your PC. If the video folder is less than a gig as you say, then you could use a reauthoring tool such as DVD Shrink to stick 4 or 5 movies onto one DVD5. Not so much to save on blanks as maybe to avoid accumulation of discs.

AFA the slideshow, some players have that built in. All my Philips DVD players if you just put in a disc with a bunch of .jpeg files it would go through them with adjustable delay or manually hitting the Next Chapter button on the remote. Adding audio may be more complicated though.

Comment

Working...