Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tunk
    • Dec 2007

warning: total noob post!!!

I tried to convert an Xvid movie into DVD using tmpgenc+ , tmpgenc author and nero 8 THREE times (3 hours a raddle!). I followed the directions posted here and my results each time:

1. picture but NO SOUND - both the newly created mpeg on my computer & new disc)

2. sound but NO PICTURE (have no idea what I did differently from #1)

3. - used virtualdubMOD to convert audio files into .wav files
    - after using tmpgenc+ and the newly seperated audio and video files... the new mpeg has BOTH sound and picture
    - after authoring and burning... the disk will play on my PS2 NOT my computer! UGH!!

What the hell am i doing wrong?

Gspot pic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	gspot.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	122.2 KB
ID:	921290
    Last edited by tunk; 24 Dec 2007, 03:56 AM.
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

why dont you try dvd Flick, links are on this forum or Google for it
    sigpic

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

My suggestion would be to use DVD Flick (guide) or FAVC (guide) to convert your AVI file to DVD MPEG-2, and then load the resulting VOB files in TMPGEnc DVD Author if you want to make menus and stuff (or if you don't care about menus, just burn the files made by Flick/FAVC).

The reason is that Flick and FAVC treat AVI inputs a bit more better than TDA, and that once you encode to MPEG-2 and the file fits onto the DVD, TDA willl leave it alone without further re-encoding. To make sure the MPEG-2 file fits (because menus you make in TDA will take space as well, the animated chapters menus for example can take up to a GB in space), use a custom encoding size. Leave about 100 MB to 300 MB for menus depending on whether you wanted animated ones or not.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• tunk
        • Dec 2007

thanks for the info guys!...
        ...stay tuned

Comment

Working...