Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • swijmf
    • Jun 2002

Newbie Help

Help! Was able to dl a movie with the file extension .mp3.I know i need to change the extension but all that i try fail to work with WMP 7.1 or divx player.Any suggestions?
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

I know i need to change the extension but all that i try fail to work with WMP 7.1 or divx player.Any suggestions?
    .mp3 files are supposed to contain audio information only. It does not matter if you changed the file extension to .avi, .mpg or anything fancy if the file itself contains no video. How big is the file (so I can ascertain it for myself)?

Alternatively, open the file in Virtualdub and go to File Information. Post everything you see here. That is the best way of finding out, instead of guessing in the dark.

p.s. Has anyone told you that you've got a lame thread title? I actually very nearly skipped reading your thread.

Comment

• Batman
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Jan 2002

Possibly, many people download movies from audiogalaxy, they do this by using some "unwrapster software" to change the extension to .mp3, you'lll need to get it, it was posted a few days back, check it out.

Comment

• swijmf
        • Jun 2002

File size is 661 MB. Tried to open in virtualdub and got a " cannot determine filetype error....

Comment

• swijmf
          • Jun 2002

thanks batman...wrapster3.0 did the trick...cool software

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

Is audiogalaxy good software for downloading movies? I'd value your opinion

Comment

• swijmf
              • Jun 2002

ag is a little slow...depends on who you get it from...you have to be in a user group to get anything decent...my bro gets em off kazaa as well...works well if you have a broadband isp

Comment

• Batman
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Jan 2002

what are your transfer rates typically? like how many kbps do you get off of audiogalaxy?

Comment

• swijmf
                  • Jun 2002

depends on the user i guess...i am sending a movie file now via ag and it is transferring at around 7500 bytes per second....pretty good...still takes awhile with huge files

Comment

• Batman
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Jan 2002

7.5 kbps? Yes it will take some time

Comment

Working...