X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • david157481
    • Jun 2002

AVISynth and CCE 2.64

Hi to everyone,

I'm having a few problems with encoders or transcoders. ReMPEG is great and free, but very slow. The quality is also dubious at times. TMPGEnc is great for the price with some quite advanced tweak options, but it is also slow, and I have had problems creating video (m2v) streams for DVD for some reason - especially large multi-gigabyte ones. I then moved onto CCE, which I have at work. It is faster than TMPGEnc by quite some margin, and the quality is great. I have recently installed the AVISynth plug in, version 1.06 downloaded off the Doom site, (took me a while to get it working). However, I discovered that it does not work with the version I have - 2.64 - but it does work with 2.50. Does anybody have any ideas about getting it to work with 2.64, as I'd really like to use AVISynth with CCE?

As an aside, I've been getting to know IFOEdit, which is a great tool for ripping out unwanted VOBIDs and streams. The DVD files it produces from doing this are great, but re-muxing seems to produce problems. The video stream will sometimes be out of synch with the audio, and navigating through the DVD completely screws up the synchronisation and the stability of the whole video. Is there a general problem with IFOEdit and re-muxing, or is it just the stability of my video streams? I've only ever used streams produced with ReMPEG and TMPGEnc by the way. Not really a problem as I re-author - I'd like to get CCE and AVISynth working though.

Keep the faith people,

David
  • Mac Sidewinder
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • Apr 2002

This is a quote from another user forum concerning cce v2.64 and avisynth:

You know CCE 2.64 doesn't open AVS scripts, that why you have to use Link2. Since you know what Link2 is I assume you know that it converts AVS files into fake AVI files, for compatibility reasons. Therefore, any edits to the AVS file you make at the begining will transfer over through Link2.

Hope this helps.

Mac

Comment

Working...