Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • magician002
    • Jan 2009

Burning movies that were recorded from TV

I have a tv tuner card in my computer. I recorded movies which I would like to burn onto dvds, but the files are too large. Since I am a newbie, I set up dvd shrink in order to burn the files to dvd. However, when trying to start shrinking these movies, dvd shrink will not acknowlege the folder nor any of the movies in the folder. What am I doing wrong in this situation?
  • Westly32
    • Jun 2006

You may need to take those movies and build them as a dvd video format file first, using a dvd authoring software program, then use a transcoding program to reduce it's size before burning to dvd. We aren't allowed to talk about the shrinking program you've mentioned, though once you author your dvd, that program we cannot speak of can reduce it down to a size that you can then burn to a dvd...

Comment

• magician002
      • Jan 2009

Thanks Westly for that information, but could you explain further about building as dvd video format file and the dvd authoring program?.......this is my first attempt at this sort of thing so i'm lost about what you are referring to.
      Thanks again

Comment

• Westly32
        • Jun 2006

If your pc has a dvd burner, it should have also come with a dvd authoring software program that will create a dvd. Check the All Programs tab under the desktop Start button, and see what, if any, dvd programs are there.
        If you do have such a program, you'll need to use it to first create a dvd from the files you've create from recoding your programs to the pc drive. If you do not have anything you can deduce as being a dvd authoring program, then go to the DVD Flick sub forum here and download that. It's free, easy to use, and can create dvd compliant files from most any source. After you make your dvd, use the shrinking software you mentioned to then reduce it's size down to a size that can be burned to a dvd.

DVD Flick can actually do that-encode the final dvd file to fit a regular single 4.7gb dvd, but I didn't want to confuse you (or myself -I'm not a seasoned expert like most around here) by trying to explain how to set it up. Though, once you open Flick, and load the file you've recorded, it's not too complicated once you start poking around.

Comment

Working...