Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • c2scarlet
    • Dec 2001

Can dvd's be put onto video tapes???

I was just curious as to whether dvd's can be put onto video tape, and if so how to go about doing it, the reason I am asking is that my father is very ill at home and I thought I could put some of my dvd's onto video for him to watch.

Also is it possible to put video onto dvd (or convert to vcd), as I have a lot of films on video and would like to put them onto dvd.

Thanks

Scarlet
  • Mark Madness
    • May 2002

You can record DVDs to video tape however most dvds are encoded with macrovision copy protection meaning that there will be a distorted picture. Certain players can have the macrovision disabled. It would help to know what model you have.

As for getting video tape onto dvd, that can be done if you have a capture card and a dvd burner. You can capture the video signal from your vcr and convert it to MPEG2 and burn it onto a dvd however I'm not quite sure how the procedure works. If you don't have a dvd burner you can do the same with vcds but again not entirely sure how to author.

Comment

• indicracker
      • Jun 2002

If you dad can do some mouse click on computer, consider converting DVDs in to DivX format... this is the best way to dump DVD... U need around 700MB-1GB space per movie and ofcourse a COMPUTER...
      Last edited by indicracker; 22 Jun 2002, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• c2scarlet
        • Dec 2001

Thanks for that indicracker, but my father does not have a computer and has enough problems trying to use his video recorder.

Thanks anyway

Scarlet

Comment

• jimfiel57
          • Jun 2002

SONEL

visit Sonel website and you can get a scart lead, with a macroblaster, which lets you record dvd's to vhs. It costs £30, I think. It is very easy to use and produces good results, but only works with region 2 DVD's UK.

Comment

Working...