divx to mpg(or vcd compatable)? is this possible?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Josep
    • Dec 2001

divx to mpg(or vcd compatable)? is this possible?

im really new to this obviously, but can you convert a divx movie to an mpg file that could be used for a vcd with no frame rate lag or and sound discrepency?
  • 1 Smelly Fish
    • Nov 2001

Hi Josep, yes you can convert your Divx to MPEG and burn to VCD. There are tutorials on how to do this step by step on the net at a number of sites and just to name a few :

Download free video and audio software. Old versions, user reviews, version history, screenshots.

But basically this is how i do it and there are a number of different methods, copy the Divx to your hard drive (if not already there). I use a program called TMPGEnc (freeware at the moment) to convert the DIVX file to MPEG. Once you have it as a MPEG you most likely will need to cut it (I use nothing but TMPGEnc once again) so it fits onto 2 CDR's. Once you have cut the MPEG, leaving a 2 or 3 second overlap you can than use NERO to burn them to VCD.

I take it you are wanting to watch them on your stand-a-lone DVD player perhaps. If so just be sure that your DVD Player will :
    a) play CDR's
    b) play the brand of CDR's your going to burn onto
    c) play VCD's

Hope this fills in a few gaps and answers a few questions mate

Cheers and happy burning

Comment

• Josep
      • Dec 2001

thanks but hehe, i've just found out my portable vcd player, napa dav311 is not working properly, the video skips constantly and is really ticking me off, and i know its not the cds or in the manner in which i burned the cds cause i have already tried them on a friends old d-v500 sony vcd portable player and it works just fine. any clues as to why my portable vcd player is skipping and jerking? -----Napa dav311----------???

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
        • Nov 2001

Could be many things but i would be checking the Laser in it, perhaps its dirty or broken, is there any way you can try to clean it ? Have you droped it ?

Good luck

Cheers

Comment

• Josep
          • Dec 2001

nope, just got it a few days ago, and if i were to clean the laser, uh, How? hehe

Comment

• 1 Smelly Fish
            • Nov 2001

Hi again,
            If you just got it mate and it isnt working right, i'd be taking it back to the place that you got it from quick smart

Cheers

Comment

Working...