X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kelspeed
    • Jul 2002

downloading times (taking forever!!)

Hello, (Please Help),
    I have just started downloading (or trying too) mpeg and avi moives. However, it is taking days (not an understatement!). I have increased the broadband, and have dsl, I am also looking for higher connections to download. I cannot seem to get above 3-4 k/s. Is there something that I am doing wrong, or is there something that I can do to make this process speed up?
    Thanks,
    Kelle
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

What program(s) are you using? Could you have set the program to be aware that you (were) using a dial-up account, and hence it limits your download speed? If not, this could be an issue with your ISP too. Have you had any success downloading anything else at above 4K/s?

Comment

• Kelspeed
      • Jul 2002

Thanks for replying...

I have aol dsl. I have downloaded a lot of music (it only took a few minutes per song), but this is the first time with videos. I have it set on dsl. I am using winmx v3.22. Does this give you any clues?

Thanks,
      Kelle

Comment

• benedict
        Lord of the 4th Estate
        • Jun 2002

Just a thought:

Where are you downloading from?

If you are downloading from someone who is on a dial-up connection, that's about as fast as you're going to get it. Not a thing you can do except to look for that video elsewhere.
        It may look like I'm doing nothing, but actually, at a cellular level I'm quite busy.

Comment

• Kelspeed
          • Jul 2002

Hi,
          Thanks for the reply, I only download from people that have listed cable or higher, I havd dsl. I am downloading right now just at winmx, although I have others, I have not tried them yet. I think my settings are all correct, it does seem when I download more than 10, it goes faster?
          Thanks,
          Kelle

Comment

Working...