Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToiletDuck
    • Jul 2002

I'm just stuck

Ok I am a newbie. I am running an AthlonXP 2000+, 1 gig PC2100 ram, and windows XP. Have about 150 gig harddrive space. 120 gig untouched.<--BTW you can get 120 gig 554400 rpm drives for $95 from Fry's or www.outpost.com, you have to ask for the specails though. I use my 30 gig IBM 7200 for the fast stuff. Anyway I have tried everything that I know of which i am afraid isn't much. I went to www.doom9.org and tried his using gknot. Went through his step by step process and it just wouldn't work towards the end. I don't know what has happed there. I have been told that flask doesn't make as good of quality. What i am wanting to do is take my 5 gig dvds and cut them down to half that or so so I can store them on my computer and watch them on my TV with no real loss in quality. I tried Flask the .54 and .6 version and they both keep freezing. I also have tried Xmpeg. I don't really understand the differance between them. I would like to know the easiest progam that will give me a great 2-2.5 gig looking rip. I have dvd2avi but don't really know how that works either. I have read a lot of the help files. So don't get mad at me for that. I am good with computers that is one reason why this frustrates me. I think if I could just watchsomeone do it i could learn it in a heart beat but I don't know anyone that does do it. So please tell me which program is the easiest to use just to get the hang of things and that will give me a nice looking 2-2.5 gig rip. Also if you know why the flash and xmpeg programs keep feezing on my usning winxp that would be nice also. Thank you for all of your time.

TD
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

First of all, what are you trying to do ?, vcd, svcd or divx ?.

Divx offer the best qualty, but you can't watch it on tv unless you got a tv out on your pc.

And what is it, that you can't get to work with GordianKnot ?, explain how far you got, and what you don't understand.
    I'am sure someone around here can help.
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• ToiletDuck
      • Jul 2002

Thanks

Thanks for the concern but while reading through the forum I found another progam that I like it works very well. Vidomi. It might not be able to do everything other programs can but it gest the job done fast, very nicely, and most of all easily.
      TD

Comment

• floater
        • Apr 2002

dvdx

i know your happy but you won't regret following my guide

Then, if you have broadband, we can share perfect VCD's

Comment

• ToiletDuck
          • Jul 2002

Thankyou floater

Comment