Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spideys
    • Jul 2002

ASPI ? what is it and is it important

after reformating to win xp and changing to the newest smartripper (2.41) i got a no aspi available or something like that
    and then due to suggestion i installed aspi adapter from adaptec however i noticed a considerable slow start when ripping a dvd (it gets faster after a while) and also at the start it says aspi adapter available -> trying to unlock drive -> no aspi access to this drive ?? what does it mean by no aspi access to this drive ??

thanks
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Try having a DVD player open, when you activate Smartripper. The problem should be simply solved that way.

Comment

• ToiletDuck
      • Jul 2002

Windows XP doesn't come with it's own aspi layer. It is kinda hard to explain how it works. It deals mostly with your cd and dvd drives I believe. Anyway if you want smartripper to work you need to install an aspi layer. If you just bought your HP burner or dvd drive they usually come with them on the disk. it kinda defines the parameters of the drive. I could be wrong on that so don't quote me. I do however know how to fix this as I have had this problem. What you need is called Force Aspi. Go to www.google.com and type in Force aspi. It is a very small program that you can download. then when you unzip and open it click on the unload.bat file i believe. Then click on the win2k folder and click add aspi or install aspi or update aspi. I don't remember but you will get the idea. Then it will ask you to reastart. Oncee you do you will ahve the newest aspi layer and then you will be able to use smartripper till your eyes pop out of your hear

Comment

Working...