Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dashiell
    • Apr 2005

Image Size Bug In Recode 2

Hello everyone! I believe this is my first post... or first one of importance anyway. I have tried searching the forum for this, but didn't find anything:

Does anyone know a workaround for the bug in recode 2 (latest version) that creates disc images too big to burn on a DVD+R? Time after time the image has come out far too large. I've tried all of these already:

Target size DVD-5
    Target size 4464mb
    Target size 4454mb

Regardless of setting, every disc image is created too large to burn, and usually by 5-15mb.
  • Dashiell
    • Apr 2005

I do know this... the bug only happens if you try to create a disc image. If you select your output device to be your DVD burner and leave a blank disc inside before you start recoding, it works perfectly.

Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

• DiscoInferno
      • Apr 2005

There was a nero update yesterday. Have you updated it? The problem may have been addressed in the update.

Comment

• Dashiell
        • Apr 2005

I did not download the update (actually, I tried but the servers were clogged), but I did examine the change report. As far as I can tell, little or no changes were made to recode 2... just various other programs in the package.

Comment

• DiscoInferno
          • Apr 2005

Unfortunatley i cant help. A similar problem has just been posted in the dvdshrink forum, which has a lot more traffic than the recode forum. Would be worthwhile keeping tabs in there.

Comment

• Mig$y
            Retired
            • Jan 2004

HI Dashiell

Just curious, do you run an advanced analysis? This will help you meet the target size more accurately.

Comment

• Dashiell
              • Apr 2005

absolutely. Whenever I use Shrink or Recode I always run advanced analysis. The time spent is worth it to me.

Comment

Working...