Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bbrubaker01
    • Aug 2005

Can read Video_VS files in DVD player.

Let me give you a rundown of my system and the software I have before i explain in detail.
    I have a 3.5ghz AMD socket 939 processor
    2 GB pc3200 DDR RAM
    Windows XP Pro
    AOpen DVD burner (Dual Layer)
    Soundblaster Audigy
    Radeon x800

The software I have access too are the following.
    DVDXpress
    Nero
    DVDShrink
    DVDMagic
    Nero Recoder

1. Say I am to download certain video files, I usually get the Video_VB folder and the audio folder. I can usually burn the folder using Nero no problem. Alot of times it'll read in my computer DVD player but not my regular DVD player. I know its not a disk issue cause i can rip some of my DVDs and they will read fine in my DVD player, its usually downloaded videos. I have tried to recode the files using nero and i still get a load error when inserted into my DVD player. What is it i'm doing wrong if the burn is going through fine but still not reading. I must've made a good 30 coasters over the past month with various files.
    2. I recently tried to rip a "new" DVD Hitch. I get a CRC redundancy error when i try to backup the original copy using DVDShrink. I would imagine is a new copyright thing they put on the DVDs, how do i get past the error with the software I have or what software will I need to have?
  • bbrubaker01
    • Aug 2005

Can burn Video_VS file to read in DVD player.

Let me give you a rundown of my system and the software I have before i explain in detail.
    2 GB pc3200 DDR RAM
    Windows XP Pro
    Soundblaster Audigy
    Radeon x800

DVDXpress
    Nero
    DVDShrink
    DVDMagic
    Nero Recoder

1. Say I am to download certain video files, I usually get the Video_VB folder and the audio folder. I can usually burn the folder using Nero no problem. Alot of times it'll read in my computer DVD player but not my regular DVD player. I know its not a disk issue cause i can rip some of my DVDs and they will read fine in my DVD player, its usually downloaded videos. I have tried to recode the files using nero and i still get a load error when inserted into my DVD player. What is it i'm doing wrong if the burn is going through fine but still not reading. I must've made a good 30 coasters over the past month with various files.
    2. I recently tried to rip a "new" DVD Hitch. I get a CRC redundancy error when i try to backup the original copy using DVDShrink. I would imagine is a new copyright thing they put on the DVDs, how do i get past the error with the software I have or what software will I need to have?
    <!-- / message -->

Comment

• bbrubaker01
      • Aug 2005

Can't read DVD in player.

2 GB pc3200 DDR RAM
      Windows XP Pro
      Soundblaster Audigy
      Radeon x800

DVDXpress
      Nero
      DVDShrink
      DVDMagic
      Nero Recoder

Comment

• cynthia
        Super Moderatress
        • Jan 2004

What do you use DVD Magic for - the burning?

Comment

• bbrubaker01
          • Aug 2005

I prefer to use Nero, i generally just copy the folder over and burn.

Comment

Working...