Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rob67
    • Jun 2005

Burn speeds in Nero

Hello...possible dumb question here but I can't readily find any info on it. I have Nero 7 and a Sony DRU-720A DVD burner with the latest Firmware. I am using FujiFilm 8x DVD-R disks to burn. My issue is that I want to make burns at the slowest speed possible (1x, 2x, etc.) but my speed options in Nero are only 4x, 6x or 8x.

Any ideas why or if I can change the speed to an even lower setting? IS this determined by the disk, the burner or Nero?

Thanks again.
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

what speed range are the discs rated for? often firmware will dictate this. for example, my sony discs are 1x-8x, but with my current firmware all i can do is 4, 6 or 8x burns.
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• Rob67
      • Jun 2005

Originally Posted by LT. Columbo
      what speed range are the discs rated for? often firmware will dictate this. for example, my sony discs are 1x-8x, but with my current firmware all i can do is 4, 6 or 8x burns.

The label says "up to 8x".

On the back it says "DVD-R for Genereal Version 2.0 / 8x-speed DVD-R revision 3.0"

It probably is the firmware, then. When I first got the drive, I remember being able to burn at 2.4x(?). I have since done two firmware updates.

It's no big deal, just my player (Panisonic RP62) is real picky with disks. If the picture quality wasn't so damn good on my HDTV, I would swap it with a new player. I may have to in order to properly play burned disks. If I record at 8x, it is all garbled on the Panny. At 4x, most of the movie will play with break up and stuttering every so often. The disks play fine in a friends Playstation 2 and on my computer. I was just curious to see if recording at a speed slower then 4x would solve my issue...

Comment

• aknjk
        • Jan 2006

Its your DVD player. Also Fuji not great media stick with Verbatim or TY they are the best out there for burning. Also new DVD players are super cheap and play everything well.

Comment

• BR7
          He is coming to your little town!
          • Aug 2005

Your better off burning at 4x anyway

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• geno888
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Dec 2005

Burning speed are written on the firmware. If you want to force a burning speed at a value not included in the firmware the only way is to editing manually firmware. For some burners there are tools to do these things, but require a little experience and using a "modded" firmware invalidate warranty.

With your SONY burner (aka a rebadged liteon) you can use these tools, but do it at your risk.

I suggest you to burn these discs @8x or @4x.

Comment

Working...