X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bd6675
    • Feb 2006

Nero recode and two sided dvd

Hello there,

I read the sticky: "Adding multiple titles/movies to 1 DVD using Nero Recode 2". However, the tutorial only talks about adding the main movie. I want to add all content.

I used DVD Decrypter in File mode to rip both sides of Goodfellas to my hard drive and now I am trying to use Nero Recode to put them onto one dual layer dvd. I go to the Remake A DVD option and try to add the files, however, I am not sure in what order I should add them (the menus, the movie, the extras from side a and then the menu, the movie and the extras from side b). Does anyone know how to do this? Is there a way to actually do this the way I am describing it? I have searched all over the place and all the guides talk about methods that compress the files and removes menus. I want to do it without any compression and without any content being lost (as if I was making an exact copy of the two sided disc but on one dual layer dvd).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

BD6675
    <!-- / message -->
  • bd6675
    • Feb 2006

To add a little more clarity to this: When I go into Remake A DVD in recode and click Import Titles and then browse to the folder where I saved side a in the Import Title pop-up box, I see the following:

Main Movie

Title 1

Extras

Title 2

Menus

Unspecified (this is a folder)
    under this folder there are two entries:
    Menu 2
    Menu 3
    English (this is a folder)
    under this folder there are four entries
    Root Menu
    Chapter Menu
    Audio Menu
    Subtitle Menu

When I open the folder where I saved side b, I see the following:

Main Movie

Title 1

Menus

Unspecified (this is a folder)
    under this folder there are three entries:
    Menu 2
    Menu 3
    Menu 4
    English (this is a folder)
    under this folder there are four entries
    Root Menu
    Chapter Menu
    Audio Menu
    Subtitle Menu

The question is, what order do I add all of these and do I need to do anything else before I burn to a blank dual layer dvd or my hard drive? Do I select Advanced Analysis or High Quality Mode on the burn settings screen? The total size of everything is 7,890mb.

I am using Nero Recode 2.2.8.5

Comment

• SMEG
      • Mar 2006

You Will Not Get Goodfellas Onto A Single Layer Disk Without It Being Compressed I Have Recentlty Done The Same Movie The Original Was Double Sided Disc I Hit Remake Dvd And Put Side A On First And Recoded It To A Folder On My Hard Drive Called Fellas 1 Then I Did The Same With Side B And Called It Fellas 2 Then I Hit Remake Again And Dragged Both Files Of My Hard Drive Onto The Left Making Sure I Dragged Fellas 1 Over First Then Fellas 2 Second Then I Burnt It To A Blank Disc As Normal

Comment

• vw56german
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Jun 2005

Here are 2 threads that might help you out. If the total file size is really large and you dont want to compress it a lot, you can join and burn it to a dual layer DvD if you have a dual layer burner.

Keep us posted on your progress and welcome to the forums.

Comment

• BR7
          He is coming to your little town!
          • Aug 2005

Why dont you get Goodfellas (Two-Disc Special Edition) the whole movie is on one disc then you wont have to mess with that 2 sided crap

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

Working...