X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theblackestflag
    • Dec 2001

Nero 5.5.1

greetings

i have recently ran into some problems with the newest version of Nero Burning Rom..

it burns the .mpg format quite nicely but when i insert a .avi that is over 300MB it gives me a "not enough memory" error when it tries to convert the {divx} .avi to a vcd compatible format.

i am running winxp pro on a P3 667 with 192 sdram -- is my system incapable of encoding these files ? or must I use a different program to convert to mpg first ? i thought that nero had a built in file encoder ?

any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    <-= the blackest flag =->
  • Trancemaster
    Snoogins
    • Dec 2001

To be honest, I don't think Nero can cope with DivX directly. You probably need to convert to MPEG first. I'd say TMPGEnc is probably your best bet. Get it here.

Good Luck!
    Snooch to the Nooch!

Comment

• Thrawn
      • Jan 2002

yes he is right *lol*

Nero just can burn VCDs with Mpeg1 or Mpeg2 files (i recommend mpeg1). I experienced that it can copy nearly 800 MB mpeg1 files on 1 700 MB CD.

To convert avi to mpeg1 u should use TMpeg Encoder (Tsunami)

If u want to play your avi videos on your pc u should not convert it, just burn it as a simple data cd. (note VCDs from Nero can only be viewed using DVD players!)
      The Grandadmiral was here!

Comment

• dmlove
        • Jan 2002

This might be my problem - when you say VCDs from Nero can only be viewed using DVD players, do you me on a PC, or on a TV. I burned a Nero VCD (an ".mpg" movie I had created using Studio DV - no further conversion - maybe that's my mistake???). When I opened the E drive, there were five files but none of them would open even though WinDVD was running. What to do?
        dm love

Comment

• Thrawn
          • Jan 2002

hm u told u burned a mpeg1 as vcd. normally if it is a vcd-mpeg1 nero burns it without reconverting it, else it converts it to vcd-mpeg1 as tmpeg does (takes long time *g*).

how did u open then your vcd? it should also be possible to open the .dat-file with any media player (not only dvd software), but should work with any dvd software too.
          The Grandadmiral was here!

Comment

• wingy
            • Jun 2003

Hi ,
            wonder if you can help
            I'm running win 2000 pro and have a sony dvd rw dw-u10a. I'm using nero to burn.
            I can write fine to datasafe dvd-rw and dvd-r, but when I try and write to datawrite dvd-r , wether its a data dvd or movie dvd, after 1% of writing I get the varying eror messages from program memory error, failed to write, failed to find T.O.C. I thought datawrite and datasafe where the same manufacturer??

It an IDE, but have installed and updated the aspi dll's , as I know that they force for ide as well as scsi...when I looked in the nero infor tools...it said aspi files were missing or corrupt....this has now gone, but still getting the above message.

I've also tried using Ulead movie factory, but have the same problem.

Is this just a problem with the disc's...compatability...or is it another problem??...am I missing anything.
            cheers in advance
            wingy

Comment

Working...