Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NBAJ2K
    • Jan 2003

Can someone help me? I'm trying to cut a movie into a smaller file

I downloaded a movie from online. I'ts split into 2 avi files. One of the files is too big to fit on a video cd unless i'm doing something wrong. I'm choosing the video cd of nero, and it says its too big.

I tried to use the program TMPEG to split the file. But when I do, and try to playback the split files, there's no sound.

I've used another program before i'm not sure what its called to try to extract the audio separately and put it together with TMPEG. Is there another program or something i can try?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Josh
  • icegod
    • Nov 2002

you could try virtuadub or nandub to cut your files.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

take a look at 6.7 in my guide:

Comment

• DeividivX
        • Jan 2003

try virtual dub

use the program virtual dub to cut the movie. When you open the video there, select the part of the movie you want to save in a new file.avi at the palette situated down of the program and go to the 'video' menu and select 'direct stream copy' to maintain the movie's quality and then go to the 'file' menu and select 'save as avi' and take a place to save the new file.avi. It looks be complicated but if you look to a guide who explain the use of virtual dub you can do it better and with more knowledge.

Comment

Working...