Avidefreezer not working => ruining my encoding....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ham
    • Jan 2002

Avidefreezer not working => ruining my encoding....

I'm running Win98 SE and the defreezer keeps crashing, sometimes even resetting the computer on its own, whenever I press the "defreeze" button. I'm trying to generate a .stats file on this problematic movie with Nandub, but the bad frames are preventing me from doing so and I can't fix it with defreezer. I don't want to delete the bad frames either, just mask it or something. What else can I do with the movie prior to running the first pass with Nandub?
  • Ham
    • Jan 2002

I should mention that I'm only detecting frozen frames with movies encoded using DivX MPEG-4 Low/Fast-Motion codec. All the other movies encoded using DivX 5.0.2 codec don't seem to have, or detected by VD, frozen frames thus far.

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

maybe divx antifreeze might help for playback (it wont repair):
      This website is for sale! tac.ee is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, tac.ee has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

and there are no frozen frames in divx5 anymore.

Comment

• Ham
        • Jan 2002

Nevermind, I found out the problem. Defreezer wasn't working because I didn't put in the .avi extension on the destination file name. It seems to work ok now. But I had installed the antifreeze filter before figuring this out, so how do I uninstall the antifreeze filter? I can't find an uninstall program and I don't need it any more.

Comment

• cmichel04
          • Mar 2003

try DIVXREPAIR

Comment

Working...