X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brain damaged
    • Apr 2003

Problems joining movie clips using VirtualDub 1.5.1

Hi!

I'm having some trouble joining together individual short movie clips using VirtualDub 1.5.1. V Dub allows me to open the movie clip, but after I open the clip I can't click on "append AVI segment" to join the next clip to the first one, because this option is "shaded out" on the file-menu drop-down box (it won't let me click on it).

Am I missing a step, or are the clips un-joinable for some reason? Again, V Dub has no trouble opening the clips and scrolling around in them, but it won't let me join them together.

Thanks!
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

Is the FIRST video in .AVI format?

Comment

• brain damaged
      • Apr 2003

Windows says that it's a "movie clip"... so I guess not. Sorry, I'm stupid...

Is there any program that can join these movie clips? I don't know exactly what format "movie clip" indicates-- they at least arent MPEGs, though.

Comment

• setarip
        Retired
        • Dec 2001

"they at least arent MPEGs, though."

1) How do you KNOW this?

2) What is the file extender?

Comment

• brain damaged
          • Apr 2003

Well ****, they are mpegs. When you asked me what the file extender was, I clicked around on windows, trying to figure that out, and I realized that I had "hide common file extensions" selected-- and when I de-selected that option there was the .mpeg tag, sure enough.

Thanks for your help-- sorry to waste your time!!! I'll try an mpeg editor program.

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

"Thanks for your help-- sorry to waste your time!!! I'll try an mpeg editor program."

My pleasure ;>}

Good luck, now that you know where you're headed...

Comment

Working...