• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vic_vega
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • May 2003

Keyframes

Ok, so I use DVD Decrypter (GREAT SOFTWARE!) to rip my files, then I use MPEG2CUT to edit them, and when I do, since MPEG2CUT won't go right down to seconds (which would make it really good if it could) and I assume that it is "snapping" to keyframes because it will skip ahead when I move the indicator like 5 - 10 seconds, and yes, I have tried using the little arrows, but I dont think that they go right down to the second.

The only thing that I can come up with is that either when Dvd Decrypter rips the files, it either creates keyframes, or MPEG2CUT does... or it just won't go down to the second..

I have looked around DVD Decrypter, and didn't find an option to turn it off (if it is dvd decrypt) and I have looked in MPEG2 with no luck in finding an option.

Thank you very much to anyone that can help! =>
  • vic_vega
    Platinum Member
    Platinum Member
    • May 2003

...bump

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Using MPEG2Cut, use the PLAY function (F5 key) to first play and thenstop playing at EXACTLY the point you desire.

(DVDDecrypter has nothing to do with this)

Comment

• vic_vega
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • May 2003

Do you know anything more precise?

Comment

• vic_vega
          Platinum Member
          Platinum Member
          • May 2003

like any more programs, because this thing is good, but it's just some times it will like skip 10 frames after i have marked and saved it, but it's not in the right place, I suppose that I could convert the entire thing to .AVI uncompressed, then use a good cutter like Virtual dub....

Comment

• setarip
            Retired
            • Dec 2001

I'm sorry, I thought from your initial post that you understood that the program will ONLY cut on a keyframe - because that is the ONLY type of frame that contains ALL required information...

Comment

Working...