why does dr divx limit mp3 sound to 160kbps?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crocodile
    • Mar 2003

why does dr divx limit mp3 sound to 160kbps?

hi,

why does the registered version of dr divx offer 160kbps mp3 sound as the highest bitrate available? i can encode to 320kbps using any other program: mp3 producer pro, cool edit, flaskmpeg, etc.
    i have at least radium codec installed, possibly even another mp3 codec (came with mp3 producer pro?).

thanks!
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

"why does the registered version of dr divx offer 160kbps mp3 sound as the highest bitrate available? i can encode to 320kbps using any other program:"

Then simply use these alternative programs to encode your .mp3 files. LAME is an alternative MP3 encoder and is what I personally recommend and use.

Comment

• Crocodile
      • Mar 2003

yes, this thought occured to me, but it does require more messing with encoding, you risk video/audio out of sync, it takes longer, and in the end: how can dr divx ever tend to become a 'professional' divx encoder with such a big flaw? and why the limit? does it sound reasonable to encode a movie with 6 channel AC3 sound to lame 160kbs if i want to use 2-3 CDs to store it (3000kbps video bitrate)?

anyhow, i thought i was doing something wrong. thanks for your reply!

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

"yes, this thought occured to me, but it does require more messing with encoding, you risk video/audio out of sync, it takes longer, and in the end: how can dr divx ever tend to become a 'professional' divx encoder with such a big flaw? "

Indeed it takes longer and involves more hassle, but as to the risk of off-synch file, it is not necessarily true. As long as the muxing is done properly and correctly, you should not worry about it.

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

how can dr divx ever tend to become a 'professional' divx encoder
          it never will

Comment

Working...