Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cantharides
    • Dec 2002

multiple divx on dvd-r

I'm looking for an easy to use program with which I can create menu's dvd style.
    I need this because I put multiple divx files on one dvd-r, so I need a menu that allows me to select the divx file which I want to play (graphical menu interface). Preferably this program/menu should be compatible with a stand-alone divx/dvd player.
    I've tried out some dvd authoring program's but they only support the mpeg2 format (no avi/divx support).
    Does anyone have some suggestions?
  • infiniter
    • Dec 2003

I guess there ain't and won't (probably) be any ones. The DVD menu system is based on MPEG2 at certain prelimitations. All linked files are .VOB
    Even if you could trick the authoring tool to accept your AVIs, I doubt the player would start it correctly.
    Seems like someone either has to write that particular piece of software you need to do the job or the software inside the DivX compatible DVD players has to do so. There was a YAMAKAWA, which once supported own style backgrounds and playlists for MP3 cds. Perhaps, this will once work for AVI.
    Anyway, a DivX DVD Player will provide some kind of menu to select your AVIs. How else it should work, then?

Comment

Working...