Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • raid517
    • Jan 2004

DVDx

Hi, what is the deal with DVDx? I tried to select an Mpeg2 encoded file with it I recorded from my TV card with it, but every time I try to open the file I just get an error message saying:

You have selected a DeCSS key search, this may cause problems when opening non DVD files. Do you wish to continue?
    If I click OK, I get an error message saying

auth.dll, can't authenticate drive. Disk may not be locked.
    After this I can't do anything - and the file isn't even loaded. If I click on play it tells me I need to load a Mpeg or Vob file first, which very anoyingly I have now tried to do several times over.

What in plain english does this mean? I looked for a way to disable the decss search, but there doesn't seem to be any option to do this.

Selecting no to the decs search just cancels the whole operation - and again the file doesn't get loaded.

In the old DVDx there used to be an option to disable the Decss search. But not any more.

I could use Dr Divx I guess, but the only problems with this is Divx won't play on my DVD player.

I like SVCD as at least it maintains fairly high quality and is compatable with most players.

Is there anything else that is very easy to use and can produce movies that will play on a DVD player?

GJ
Working...