Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cvandoesburg
    • Feb 2002

Newbie needs help!

I am new at this and have been trying to use Flask Mpeg to convert. I have followed the Nicky guides to the "T" but every time I start to run the conversion it gives me a kernel32.dll error after a few minutes. I have tried Flask 06 and 0594, Divx4 and Divx3.11 but to no avail? I have noticed that it crashes when it reaches frame 1858.

can anyone help? I just don't know if this is a win98 problem or a problem with the vob files or a problem with the codec or a problem with flask mpeg!

I would be grateful for any ideas/tips as I am about to lose my mind!
    Thanks,
    Chris

• gchester
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Feb 2002

divx probs

i have been havin this prob myself for months on and off..basically the divx format codec is very unstable, it will crash most of the time...i recommend reinstalling the codecs and flask etc.. from scratch and go from there...but at the end of the day what's happening is nothing new!! sorry dude just be patient...also are you having probs with any other codecs if so this could be part of your prob..

Comment

• ism
      • Jan 2002

kernel is a pain in the ass

What I know is kernel is a windows problem related to your display adapter's driver. I hope you can fix it.

Comment

• Ndb
        • Mar 2002

I have had this with certain DVD's. Don't use the .ifo file when selecting the movie to encode and don't choose .....0.vob (the smallest one in size)

Pick the .....1.vob i.e.

movie_1_0.vob
        movie_1_1.vob <--- this one
        movie_1_2.vob

Remember to check the audio stream is what you want (Flask 0.6 audio player will do this for you).

This should solve it.

Comment

Working...