Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluwhale
    • Feb 2002

DiVX (.avi) to VIDEO CD with NERO

I am really frustrated... My Nero burning rom 5.5.5.1 always gives me an error mesage (incompatible format - or similar) whenever I try to burn a video file DivX with .avi extension. Even with some .mpg file of more than 400 Mb it needs to re-encode and then it cuts it to just a few minutes... What can I do? Is there any other way to convert DivX files to VIDEO CDs???
    Thanks for help....
    Blu

I am already using TMPEnc to convert DivX to Mpeg1... My problem is with NERO also with these converted files... ((
    Last edited by bluwhale; 1 Mar 2002, 01:32 AM.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

TMPGEnc can convert DivX movies to MPEG-1 compliant files.

By the way, how current is your Nero version? If I remember correctly, only Nero 5.5 can do the automatic conversion to VCD. Nero 5.0 and earlier can't.

Comment

• Ngezi
      • Mar 2002

Use TMPGenc to convert to mpeg-1 file(s)
      In nero select (on the menu on the left if you select new project) video cd. It will auto make the folders with the necessary files. On the right select the file you would like to burn and when you drag it in Nero will convert the file so it'll be the right format, this will take a minute or so. This way you should be able to burn file up to 815 Megs or so.

Try to update to nero 5.5.7.8 at http://www.nero.com/en/download.htm
      take the french server since it's online most of the time it seems.

This is the only version fully supporting XP (in case you use that..)

Comment

• johnbmx4christ
        • Nov 2001

make sure you dont just convert with tmpg to mpeg 1..
        you must convert in tmpg to VIDEO CD..then nero does not need to convert it.there's no point in converting to mpeg 1 and then vcd. if you take your avi and convert it with tmpg then burn with nero you only encode once.
        john boy

http://brightideasdigitalmedia.com

Comment

Working...