X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ded@l0s
    • Mar 2002

Problem using VFAPI Converter under XP

Can somebody help me?
    Recently I set up a multiboot system, with Windows 98 SE Greek Version and Windows XP Professional English version. Before This, I used to work with Windows XP, where i didn't experience any problem ripping a dvd.
    When the multiboot system was set up, I tried to rip "Contact", and encode it into .avi. After about 10 hours, I had my last divx movie. I say my last, because from that minute and until now, VFAPI Converter (i use the 1.04b version) does not convert .d2v files.
    I cannot find a solution on that problem. I tryied even formating my disks, but the results were not the wanted ones.
    I encode dvd to avi, using this procedure:
    1. Rip the DVD movie to hard disk using SmartRipper
    2. Convert the .VOB files into .D2V file using DVD2AVI.
    3. Convert the .D2V file from step 2 into pseudo-avi file using VFAPI Converter.
    4. Encode the movie using Virtual Dub.
    5. Using GraphEdit I encode the audio of the movie into mp3 saperetly from movie.
    6. Join the mp3 audio and the divx-movie using NunDub.

If anyone know what is wrong, pls contact me.
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Did you change the location of the programs (or even the DVD rip files) to a different drive letter? If so, you will need to re-setup vFAPI and, if the vob files have been moved as well, you will have to recreate the d2v project file.

Comment

• Ded@l0s
      • Mar 2002

I cannot understand what do you mean. I rip the vobs in a directory like : d:\dvd and vfapi is installed in a directory like : d:\program files\vfapi.

what is wrong with that?

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Seems that you didn't move a thing...

Try running the setup file of vFAPI again. If that still does not work, check that your DVD2AVI project file is working by simply recreating another one (like you did in your step 2).

Comment

• Ded@l0s
          • Mar 2002

I've done that about 10 times and still it doesn't work. Can you think of something else. Also, if you know another program that I can use instead of VFAPI, tell me about.

Comment

• Enchanter
            Old member
            • Feb 2002

Give GordianKnot a try.

Install the Avisynth plug-in and run and setup GK. It will write an .avs file (a sort of script that can be easily opened using a word editor like Notepad) that more or less acts like the fake AVI output of vFAPI.

I have not had much chance to play around with this software yet, but just give it a try. I'll see what I can do to help. Anyone else more experienced with this can take over too.

Comment

• Ded@l0s
              • Mar 2002

Thx man. If you learn anything else about how to use GordianKnot, please telm me about. Again thx for your time.

Comment

• Enchanter
                Old member
                • Feb 2002

There is a guide at Doom9 for GK, but my bandwith's currently full ( ), so can't get the link for you. It shouldn't be difficult to find though...

Comment

• Ded@l0s
                  • Mar 2002

Again thx. I found the site you mentioned and it seems that GKnot works at this time. Thx for all your help, once again...

Comment

• Enchanter
                    Old member
                    • Feb 2002

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...