Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rjcaldwell
    • May 2005

DVD X Copy Gold Activation

A couple of years ago I purchased "DVD X Copy Gold" which included DVD X Copy and X Copy Express. I often used the programs to make mack-ups of DVD's that I also purchased in case any of my DVD's were damaged.
    I recently had to reformat and reinstall Windows XP. Reinstalling my DVD programs appeared to go well until I tried to run the programs - they became stuck on my desk top with no way to go forward or back.
    I remember having to register the software online but is it possible that 321 Studio is no longer in existance? Is there a work-around to registering or is there a place to register so that I may use my software?
  • cynthia
    Super Moderatress
    • Jan 2004

Hi and welcome to the forum, rjcaldwell!

As a workaround you could use DVD Shrink - it's freeware - instead.

DVD Shrink is software to backup DVD discs. You can use this software in conjunction with DVD burning software of your choice, to make a backup copy of any DVD video disc.

Comment

• rjcaldwell
      • May 2005

Someone told me abut DVD shrink but, the Programs that I own (DVD X Copy and X Copy Express) seemed to be more versital - i.e., I wanted a full copy of my DVD, not a s"hrunken" version. Again, these are DVD's that I have purchased and if you have a 13 year-old, you know how easily disks can be damaged, scratched, or lost.

Comment

• jmet
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2002

"I wanted a full copy of my DVD, not a s"hrunken" version"
        Let me ask you a few questions.
        • Is your burner a "Dual Layer" burner?
        • If in fact it is a "Dual Layer" burner, do you have "Dual Layer" media to burn to?

If you answered "No" to either 1 of those questions, no matter if you use "DVD X Copy, X Copy Express, DVD Shrink, Nero Recode, etc." You will be shrinking the movie.

Comment

• rjcaldwell
          • May 2005

I guess you are right, although I have recently purchased a dual-layer burner and was able to find some disks (although expensive).

Comment

• jmet
            Super Moderator
            • Nov 2002

Yes dual layer media are extremely expensive right now.

Comment

Working...