Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Newb
    • Mar 2002

Help with virtualdub please

can someone please tell me how to put text in the coner of my video with virtualdub not a subtitle or anything i just want to have my name in the corner of the videos i make if someone can tell me how to do this i would really appreciate it

or if you cant do this with virtualdub could you please tell me a free program thats easy to use that can do it with
    Last edited by Newb; 23 Mar 2002, 05:16 AM.
  • Ndb
    • Mar 2002

You can put a watermark or bug etc in your movie when encoding/compressing etc, but don't. It will just make your movies look bad and waste valuble memory that could be put to better use encoding the actual movie.

You see the compression works best on smooth graphics (like faces, clouds etc) and has to work real had on hard lines and shapes. This is why when you encode, you clip out the black borders. Well your text is all hard lines like leaving the black borders in a waste of memory/bitrate.

If you must, Flask etc can water mark your video in at encode time. If your trying to insert a bug/watermark on an already encoded movie then shame on you encode your own

Comment

• setarip
      Retired
      • Dec 2001

Get the Logo Filter for VirtualDub from:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

• Newb
        • Mar 2002

i just want to put my name on some videos i made of me getting high scores in video games it does not really matter if it lessens the quality of the video thanks for your help ndb and setarip i really appreciate it

and setarip do i just down load that logo thing then just drop it in my v d file and after i do that where is it in v d once i put it in there sorry for asking all these questions but as my name implies im a little new to all this thanks again for your help

Comment

• setarip
          Retired
          • Dec 2001

You put it into the "plugins" subdirectory of your VirtualDub directory. You access the filter as you would any other filter in VirtualDub - from the "Video" dropdown menu, select "Filters" and then clic9k on the "Add" radio button. Scroll down to the logo filter and doubleclick on it.

Comment

• Newb
            • Mar 2002

thanks
            Last edited by Newb; 23 Mar 2002, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...