Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tlb
    • Jul 2005

tmpgenc 2.5 it dont convert avi files

my tmpgenc is not converting any avi files at all!!! i dont know what the problem is it wont recongize it it keep saying unsupported. the avi file is a divx.
  • benbryant
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Aug 2005

To use TMPGEnc to convert DivX .avi file, you need DivX codec installed into your PC. Otherwise, TMPGEnc won't recognize it. I myself use DivX Pro which comes with Divx decoder and encoder. When you are done with DivX codec, go to the link below for tutorial how to convert DivX to DVD Mpeg2 with TMPGEnc: http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/52/59/

Comment

• anonymez
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2004

in addition to benbryant's suggestion, you may want to check out these sites for good guides on divx/xvid--->dvd, after you install the divx codec, ofcourse

http://www.doom9.org and http://www.afterdawn.com

@benbryant: you live in oahu? did you see the first episode of the second season of 'lost'???
      "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• benbryant
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Aug 2005

anonymez: Imagine yourself live in one of the most beautiful place on earth and surrounded by tons of gorgeous easy going girls. Do you think you will have time for anything else?

Comment

• anonymez
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2004

you don't watch the show at all? have you seen any of the cast walking around?

Comment

• tlb
            • Jul 2005

Im converting avi to kvcd.

Ok it sees some of my avi movies...(ones which just say avi)

but a couple of movies (divx xvid) it just recognize the video and sometimes says this file is unsupported.

I downloaded alot of xvid stuff and alot of divx stuff and i also raised the direct show..

this problem just starts to happened i never had this problem before, some movies which ive encoded 3 months ago that i encoded successfully dont get recognize now and it the same program and everything.

Comment

• tlb
              • Jul 2005

ok there some screenies of the problem it loads the vid in not the audio when i click on the browser for audio and click on the movie it wont do it thne i do the same for audio and video and i get this.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

tag x2000

you need the ac3 acm decompressor installed/ the tmpgenc ac3 plugin if you wish to convert it, otherwise you could convert it to wav like i do
                "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                Columbo moments...
                "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
                "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
                (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• tlb
                  • Jul 2005

where can i get that?

and i did convert the wave but when i out the wave in audio and the reg vid in video play no sound still.

im trying to make a video copy of the movie with no sound and have it video but avi .

anyway where can i get the stuff ur talking about and how do i plug it in

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                    Demigod of Digital Video
                    • Nov 2004

the only part of your post i understand is the part of where to get the tools, videohelp.com, or do a google search.
                    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
                    Columbo moments...
                    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• anonymez
                      Super Moderator
                      • Mar 2004

or get it at http://www.free-codecs.com

Comment

• tlb
                        • Jul 2005

thank you guys so much.\

now i have another problem (yes this damn movie is a headache) It has sync problems i got this file called synchronizer.. when i load the movie in it says (no audio stream) but the file has audio.

anyway do you guys know of a product that can sync the movie right? seems like the vid frame is 25 and the audio is going 29.

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                          Demigod of Digital Video
                          • Nov 2004

see your other thread...
                          Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...