Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • micpat84
    • Oct 2005

dvd x copy

i had a legit copy of dvd x copy from a few years ago. i recently bulit my own pc and when i went to install the cd i found it destroyed. is there a similar program that will copy dvd movies for personal back up. i realize they no longer distribute dvd x copy but now do i need a dvd program and a decrypter to copy my own dvd movies? any advice? thanks
  • LT. Columbo
    Demigod of Digital Video
    • Nov 2004

why not get dvd decrypter or dvdfab decrypter and dvd shrink? they are all free and you will get tons of support at these forums with that software
    "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
    Columbo moments...
    "Double Shock" "The Greenhouse Jungle" "Swan Song" FORUM RULES
    "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
    (An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Comment

• micpat84
      • Oct 2005

thanks for the tip. i guess i didn't realize that you need a decrypter now. x copy worked good for me. so those programs will work good...how is the reproduction quality?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
        Demigod of Digital Video
        • Nov 2004

all depends on how much compression you apply, overall though, the quality is excellent. try it, you'll be quite impressed. i can't tell the difference between my back-ups and the originals.
        "One day men will look back and say I gave birth to the 20th Century". Jack The Ripper - 1888
        Columbo moments...
        "You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."

Comment

• micpat84
          • Oct 2005

great, thanks again. what do you think would be the cause of a dvd program reading and writing slower than usual (actually much slower) i was having that problem with xcopy. no other programs or anything were running at the time. is there a way to speed up the time it takes?

Comment

• LT. Columbo
            Demigod of Digital Video
            • Nov 2004

one of the most common reasons is beacause DMA is off and has reverted to PIO mode. what the hell does that mean?
            Columbo moments...

Comment

• micpat84
              • Oct 2005

big help thanks columbo

Comment

• LT. Columbo
                Demigod of Digital Video
                • Nov 2004

glad to do it
                Columbo moments...

Comment

Working...