Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angie
    • Jan 2002

Installed 5.0.1 Pro update, now crashing

I installed the update, now I can't encode with anything. Only Flask let me get far enough to try to activate, and it crashed in the middle of the activation process. XMpeg and Virtual dub crashed sooner.

Now, I always get the error "An error occurred when trying to generate the file. Check that you're not using the output file or the program is set up correctly."

I tried it even in without decoding the audio since I remember audio codec related errors like this in the past.

Windows 2000 SP2, Athlon 1333, 512 MB RAM, running with admin privileges.

And why should I have to type my name and address in again when activating? That's plain stupid since you should already have it in the database with my serial number.
  • davoy
    • Apr 2002

I use divx5.01 pro and i never enterd any serial or my name

anyway, try uninstall it and dl the full version.
    might work, might not. Pc's are very unpredictable

Comment

• Angie
      • Jan 2002

Not worth the hassle

Originally posted by davoy
      I use divx5.01 pro and i never enterd any serial or my name
      You have to tell me how. They made things so difficult with DiVX 5, having the pro features, while maybe worth the money, isn't worth the hassle.

Comment

• davoy
        • Apr 2002

Simple really, I was never asked for one
        Did c something the very first time i installed it but not with this one. Its just got spyware which can easily and legally be blocked by a firewall. when GAIN_TRICKLER_3102.EXE tries to connect to the net just block it and goodbye spyware

hope I helped in some way

Comment

• khp
          The Other
          • Nov 2001

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to upgrade a pro paid version to 5.0.1, I did this myself a few days ago without any problems,

as I recall I downloaded the update, installed that, on the same machine that already had the properly registred version of 5.0 pro.
          I then tried to start an encodeing, this caused the activation screen to come up.
          Then I clicked online activation, (I'am not sure if I had to enter my email or any other info at this point)
          Then I recived an email with my new activation code, and entered that in the activation menu.

But I you have problems upgrading divx5 pro paid verison, you obviously need to contact DXN, they have an email address for this, it should be in the conformation email you recived when you bought divx5 pro.
          Last edited by khp; 20 Apr 2002, 08:50 AM.
          Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
          http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• davoy
            • Apr 2002

y pay for it when u can dl the ad supported one and just block it from connecting? exactly the same as 30bucks version

Comment

• khp
              The Other
              • Nov 2001

Originally posted by davoy
              y pay for it when u can dl the ad supported one and just block it from connecting? exactly the same as 30bucks version
              Yes, but if I paid for it (which I did), I want the the real thing without having to blockout or remove the adware.
              Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
              http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

Working...