I downloaded Virtual Dub 1.4.10 - but see no video, can only hear audio.....

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Outlier
    • Apr 2002

I downloaded Virtual Dub 1.4.10 - but see no video, can only hear audio.....

Hello I just downloaded Virtual Dub 1.4.10 but I see nothing but black when I try to play the video. However, I could hear the audio still. I then tried downloading Virtual Dub 1.4.6 and I get the same problem - audio but no video. I'm guessing there's something wrong on my end, perhaps something I need to adjust on my computer. Has anyone else had this problem or could anyone suggest a solution? Thanks a million!

Outlier
    (outlier@attbi.com)
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

You need to first make sure that your system can view the video. If it is an AVI, you need to have the appropriate codec installed. If it is a frameserver file, you need to make sure that the appropriate plug-in is installed. Well, you get the idea.

Comment

• Outlier
      • Apr 2002

Thanks, I also found a possible solution for sound/video synchronisity

Hey thanks for replying! You were correct. I didn't have the codec! So I corrected that problem and in doing so I also discovered something else of possible interest - for those of you who have DivX movies where the audio is not synchronized with the video - I just uncompressed the audio to wave then recompressed it to the original setting (find out the original setting such as Hz and kbps from software that allows you to) When you do that, the movie's sound matches the person's lips, even if you fastforward to a scene or rewind.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Glad to help.

By the way, I've never liked the idea of recompressing. You tend to lose some quality in the data. Better if you just play around with the Interleave settings of Virtualdub.

Comment

Working...