Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SithUK
    • Dec 2001

Audio stretch inPlaya|Fine in AVInfo

I decided to try Nicky's excellent guide on fixing audio synch problems. Initially I played back my DivX file in playa and checked the end to see what the synch was like. Being my first DivX encode I wasn't sure if I'd have the synch problems. I did =)

So I followed step by step Nicky's guide. Installed the AVI Info program and clicked on the Synchronise Audio tab in the properties of my DivX file. I fast forwarded to the end of my movie with the built in AVI viewer and guess what, I didn't have any audio synch problems!

So to clarify:
    Audio out of synch when viewed in Playa
    not out of synch when viewed in AVI Info's internal viewer

Does any1 have any idea how this can be???

DivX 4.11 codec bundle (includes the Playa DivX viewer program)
    FlaskMPEG 2 pass encode
    Ripped using Smart Ripper

I know the above details are propably no help but I'm a firm believer in including at least some Tech details in help threads =)

Cheers in advance for the info

Sith
  • SithUK
    • Dec 2001

Just installed the mpg4ds32 codec to allow me to watch DivX4 in Windows Media Player (I am a XP Pro user). I can watch my DivX movie perfectly in WMP (no audio stretch). The problems remains in The Playa. I really liked using the Playa to view DivX movies. It's really bugging me why I only seem to have audio synch problems when watching my DivX rip in it.

Any1 thought of any solutions yet?

Sith

Comment

• LaFouine
      Platinum Member
      Platinum Member
      • Dec 2001

What's the audio frequency you used in flask ? 44100 Hz or 48000 Hz ?

On my first rips, I always used 44100 Hz, because it was written like this in the french translation ( ) of the corresponding Nickys guide (I'm french). And I got out of synch problems.

When I read the original text, in english, I discovered Nicky recommended to use 48000 to get less synch problems. Since, no problem anymore....

Tell me
      Rip In Peace
      LaFouine

Comment

• SithUK
        • Dec 2001

Freq: 48000
        Bitrate: 160
        Codec: Radium MP3

I've just finished making a 2CD rip in NanDub and it plays like a dream (gr8 quality!!). Again the same thing has happened. I get perfect playback with WMP but not in DivX playa. Using NanDub doesn't create sound at the same time as you no doubt are aware, I ripped the soundtrack using other programs and then combined it with the Video in NanDub on the second pass.

I think my Playa is just corrupted (even though I attempted several uninstalls/installs). Just one of those things I suppose. I've grown quite attached to WMP now so I'm quite happy to use it.

The learning curve is quite steep to get into DivX encoding but well worth the reading (and there is a LOT of reading!). For newbies I definitly think you should stick at it.

L8erz,

Sith

Comment

Working...