smartripper 2.41 won't work if one of the ifo files is missing!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thanhvn
    • Jun 2002

smartripper 2.41 won't work if one of the ifo files is missing!

Normally, when all ifo files are there, smartripper 2.41 can rip vob files from the hard drive as flawlessly as from dvd drive.

However, if one of the ifo files (in my case: the ifo for the main movie) is missing, smartripper 2.41 would inexplicably shut down after attempting to parse the ifo files.

I am wondering if anyone is experiencing this problem and whether there is a way around this.
  • khp
    The Other
    • Nov 2001

SmartRipper needs the ifo files to tell it what audio/video/subtitles streams exits, and what they contain.

But why do you need to use SmartRipper, then you have already ripped the files to harddisk ?
    Donate your idle CPU time for something usefull.
    http://folding.stanford.edu/

Comment

• thanhvn
      • Jun 2002

(1) The vob files are raw (i.e. still CSS encrypted). I justed wanted to see whether smartripper can rip from hard drive. I had one success before. This second time, something is amiss.

(2) As the ifo file for the main move is missing, I don't expect smartripper to be able to parse and rip the main movie. However, what surprised me was that:

(a) the ifo files for other vob files, such as trailers, deleted scenes, behind the scenes, etc., are there but smartripper can't parse them either.

(b) instead of returning some results or no results, smartripper inexplicably shut down (i.e. the process is no longer running).

I know I can use another program to rip a movie without an ifo file. I am just curious to know:

(1) whether anyone experienced this problem
      (2) whether it is replicable, and
      (3) whether it is a flaw with smartripper or just my machine.

Comment

Working...