Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rudi.puhar@t-2.
    • Apr 2006

Stupid question from newbie

Do you still need to ripp the DVD with Decrypter or Shrink first,even if you using RB Pro ???
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

YES

use dvd decrypter in file mode or use the PSL2 plugin via pgcedit in case you're facing problems with protection schemes

Comment

• a2j3
      If it aint broke, don't fix it
      • Feb 2006

Hello rudi.puhar@t-2.

Read this link. If I understand correctly the answer is no. It has its own decrypter.http://www.bitburners.com/Guides/DVD...builder_Pro/3/. U will need to scroll down the page a little ways. Hope this helps. Welcome to the forum. Unless of course u face protection problems like UncasMS said earlier and the decrypter in your program doesnt do the job.
      Last edited by a2j3; 6 Apr 2006, 02:09 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• UncasMS
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2001

rebuilder cannot DECRYPT thus you will have to take care of this process with another tool like decrypter, which is the one and only imho

Comment

• techreactor
          Banned
          • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by UncasMS
          rebuilder cannot DECRYPT thus you will have to take care of this process with another tool like decrypter, which is the one and only imho
          I agree and to make it clearer, all commercial movie DVD's have some form of protection on them (CSS, RPC) and DVD-RB can read only plain unprotected files. Therefore you need to remove the protection first, in order to use RB.

Comment

• BR7
            He is coming to your little town!
            • Aug 2005

What about RB Loader dont it work like they say it does?

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• nwg
              Left *****
              • Jun 2003

Originally Posted by BR7
              What about RB Loader dont it work like they say it does?
              It does work but I wouldn't want to strain the drive as it is much slower than reading of a hard disk. I rather rip for 10-15 minutes first. Also, I don't think it will work with Arcoss DVD's.

Comment

• a2j3
                If it aint broke, don't fix it
                • Feb 2006

hello rudi.puhar@t-2.

so sorry i miss understood about the rb loader. just goes to show u cant assume anything. thank u experts 4 gently setting me straight. again please accept my deepest apology. will pay better attention next time.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...